The Local American Working Group Association – LAWG brings together the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies in the field of research and biotechnology, that dedicate their work to the development of innovative medicines, with the aim of offering patients healthier, longer and more productive lives.
LAWG was established in Romania in 2010, with the support of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), one of the most important global organizations of innovative medicine producers. LAWG represents, 14 member companies in Romania, manufacturers of medicines and innovative biotechnology, both American entities and companies with research or production centers in the United States of America.
In this new era of innovation, where innovative science is transforming patient care, LAWG supports the development in Romania of a patient-centered, resilient health ecosystem that meets the needs of rapid access to innovative therapies for patients, aiming at hope of increased and healthier lives.
LAWG supports access to health innovation, including medical research and state-of-the-art treatments in Romania, which are generating progress for patients today and offering hope through innovative treatments in development.
Board of Directors
General Director Roche Romania
General Director AstraZeneca Romania
General Director AbbVie Romania
Executive Team & Working Groups
Innovation Talks Working Group
- Cosmina Donos – Governmental Affairs Specialist, Johnson & Johnson România
- Andrei Vlad – Media & Reputation Value Partner, Roche
Innovation Hub Working Group
- Oana Matei – Medical And License to Operate Head, Roche
- Ioana Tomuș – Public Affairs & Strategic Projects Lead, AstraZeneca
- Mihaela Joiță – Market Access and External Affairs Director, AbbVie
Innovation Financing Working Group
- Ioana Stoenescu – External Affairs, Market Access and Reputation Lead, Roche
- Alexandru Miron – Government Affairs Manager, Johnson & Johnson România